News Explorer is a powerful yet remarkably easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL iCLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom, YouTube and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS, JSON and Atom engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Clean, 100% native, distraction-free user interface
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood
• Split View support
• Smart filters
• Read your news offline
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one click to the original content
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Built-in support to share items with Instapaper and Pocket
• Add new RSS, Atom and JSON feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds
• Dedicated YouTube channel feed support
• Group your subscriptions by using collapsible folders
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export.
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites
• Support for external keyboards
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes in the news items list
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session
• App icon badge with unread items count
• Navigate to the next or previous item by swiping or scrolling
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite).
• Opened items can be set automatically to read, immediately or after a custom period.
• Set all items within a filter or feed as read with one click, with an option to ask for confirmation above a particular number of unread messages.
• News item links can be opened in the built-in browser based on the Safari-view controller, or as external URL which includes support for external apps.
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine.
• And much more
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, ATOM, JSON Feed and Twitter news feeds
• Supports RSS feeds with HTTP digest and basic authentication
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Background app refresh
• 3D Force
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
• Dynamic Type support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html, email us at email@example.com or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX
• Fixed the edit modus of the subscriptions list
• Added a menu item to the settings menu to open the News Explorer Help page
• Fixed a visual glitch which occurs after rotating an article on the iPhone X from portrait to landscape orientation
Includes all the new features of version 1.8.6:
• Folders can now be collapsed by tapping on the disclosure indicator
• Implemented asynchronous calculation of the unread counters
• Implemented caching of unread counters
• Improved support for iPhone X when using the Timeline view in landscape orientation
• Timeline view doesn't change the scroll position anymore when you navigate back from visiting an article
• You can now make the Timeline view toolbar visible by tapping on the date group header