News Explorer is a powerful yet remarkably easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL iCLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom, YouTube and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS, RDF, Atom, JSON and Twitter feed engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Clean, 100% native, distraction-free user interface
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood
• Split View support
• Smart filters
• Read your news offline
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one click to the original content
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Built-in support to share items with Instapaper and Pocket
• Add new RSS, Atom and JSON feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds
• Dedicated YouTube channel feed support
• Group your subscriptions by using collapsible folders
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export.
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites
• External keyboard support
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes in the news items list
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session
• App icon badge with unread items count
• Navigate to the next or previous item with animated swipe gestures
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite).
• Opened items can be set automatically to read, immediately or after a custom period.
• Set all items within a filter or feed as read with one click, with an option to ask for confirmation above a particular number of unread messages.
• News item links can be opened in the built-in browser based on the Safari-view controller, or as external URL which includes support for external apps.
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine.
• And much more
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, ATOM, JSON Feed and Twitter news feeds
• Supports RSS feeds with HTTP digest and basic authentication
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Background app refresh
• 3D Force
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
• Dynamic Type support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via email@example.com.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
iPhone5-iPhone5 / iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen / iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G / iPhone5c-iPhone5c / iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX / iPad75-iPad75 / iPad76-iPad76
ARTICLE VIEWER IMPROVEMENTS
• You can now navigate between articles with an animated horizontal, vertical or page curl swipe gesture.
• The Theme settings popover panel has been extended. You can now set the font size and weight of the article title.
• New default font settings, with bold article titles and no separator line. This can be adjusted in the updated Theme popover.
• Poster images are now shown on top, instead of the bottom of the article.
• Added support for zoom pinch gesture in the article viewer.
• Option to play HTML5 videos inline, instead of full screen.
• Option to automatically hide the toolbar. This was always enabled in the previous versions, so you can now switch it off.
• Support for repetitive opening of articles by long pressing the browse buttons in the article viewer.
• The long press repeat rate can be set in the Navigation section of the News Explorer Settings.
ARTICLES LIST IMPROVEMENTS
• The number of preview lines in the articles list can now be set. You can choose between 0 and 10 lines.
• The width of the articles list on the iPad can now be further reduced to 280 pixels.
• New option to use a slightly larger font in the articles list.
• You can now copy the feed address or feed icon by using one of the articles list context menu items.
• New Feed Manager panel, which let you select which feeds should be part of background app refresh and notifications.
• You can now start the app using URL scheme "news-explorer://“. This can for example be used in the Workflow app of Apple.
• Enhanced correction of incorrectly encoded feeds.
• Added support for feeds with dates with two digits year numbers.
• Extended support for RDF feeds.
• Feeds with too many white spaces in URLs are now also supported.