Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track lots of podcasts.
Here’s how it works:
1. New episodes land in your INBOX. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and archive the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Add to and re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your ARCHIVE to review your back catalogue of subscriptions, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
With Castro, subscribing to a podcast doesn’t mean making a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
- Drag and drop podcasts to triage and reorder your next few hours of listening with Castro’s unique queue.
- An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
- CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
- Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
- Our servers find new episodes across every podcast, so your phone doesn’t have to, saving battery life and data usage.
- Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or archive the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $8.99/year or $2.99/quarter (both include a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
- Sideloading allows import of audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive.
- Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
- Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor and a peak limiter to increase volume just where it’s needed.
- Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
- Chapter Support: Skipping & Pre-selection.
- Chapter and episode artwork.
- Customize settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $8.99 per year or $2.99 per quarter. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
iPhone5-iPhone5 / iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen / iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G / iPhone5c-iPhone5c / iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX / iPad75-iPad75 / iPad76-iPad76 / iPhoneXS-iPhoneXS / iPhoneXSMax-iPhoneXSMax / iPhoneXR-iPhoneXR / iPad812-iPad812 / iPad834-iPad834 / iPad856-iPad856 / iPad878-iPad878
* Adds "Time Remaining" to Watch App
* Adds controls for Trim Silence, Enhance Voices + Continuous Play to Watch App
* Podcast title no longer displayed in the status bar on Watch App
* Fixes issue where Sideloads would fail if there was a / in the title.
* Fixes issue with Sideloading from Dropbox
* Improves Sideloading error messages