Finally, go running with your Apple Watch and your favorite podcast or exercise other sports and leave the iPhone at home.
1. Select Pods from Main View
2. Press leftmost button in ToolBar on Main View to select Pod for transfer
3. Do 1. and 2. with other Pods if you like
4. Press most left Button in NavigationBar to start the transfer
WatchPlayer transfers podcast episodes directly to the Apple Watch. These can be played there without the direct connection with the iPhone. The podcast will be played in the background on the Apple Watch. The workout app or other apps on the watch can be started simultaneously.
On the iPhone, WatchPlayer is a complete podcast manager and player. In a directory you can put the sources of his favorite podcasts and can load individual episodes to the iPhone and if you would like to listen to them right there or directly to the Apple Watch for transfer.
To listen to the podcasts on the Apple Watch, you need Bluetooth headphones. Apple has recently taken the support of the built-in speaker of the Watch from the app developers. It also takes a long time until the episode on the watch was broadcast.
Since watchOS 4 / iOS 11, the WatchApp of audio apps on the clock * is automatically started *. There is no way to stop this. You can only set this behavior globally for all apps in the Watch settings. Therefore you can find on the second side of the WatchApp of WatchPlayer an iPhone Control Screen, via which you can remote control the iPhone's player.
The app does not use tracker or other analytical tools. All rights and obligations are the responsibility of the respective podcast authors.
iPhone5-iPhone5 / iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen / iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G / iPhone5c-iPhone5c / iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX
-> Always check out FAQs at www.watchplayer.de
New in v2.2.8:
- You can now add Podcast Episodes directly from Downcast, Overcast or Castro or any other URL containing an Audio File. If you use these Apps as your primary podcast App, you don't need to handle your feeds in WatchPlayer. Just use the sharing menu in these Apps to copy the episode details to WatchPlayer. It will download automatically and is then prepared for transferring to Apple Watch.
- Fixed some bugs
New in v2.2.7:
- Fixes a bug which caused workout tracking failures with 3rd party apps
- Fixes a bug with importing audio files
New in v2.2.6:
- WatchPlayer on iPhone is now updating your feeds in background on device (optional)
- sends local push if there are new episodes to download (optional)
- Added FAQs in Settings
- Tweaked iPhone UI a bit
- Fixed some bugs