Add a whole new dimension of realism to your Infinite Flight experience with this polished, third-party add-on to Infinite Flight, the best mobile flight sim on the App Store!
Hear over 30 co-pilot voice samples during your flight, whether it's takeoff callouts like "V₁", "Rotate!", or "Positive Rate", or whether it's warnings when speed limits are being approached, or confirmation callouts when setting flaps or gear settings.
In-Flight Assistant is NOT a flight simulator itself but rather requires Infinite Flight to provide voice callouts and realistic automated warnings for your flights.
Check out a 7-minute video of the app in action at: http://www.inflightassistant.info
HOW IT WORKS
Start In-Flight Assistant, then launch Infinite Flight on the same device - you'll hear a confirmation that In-Flight Assistant is connected. It will now be watching your flight and provide the callouts as you configured them within the app. It's that simple!
The following callouts are provided:
• "80 knots"
• "Positive Rate"
• "Let's watch our speed, captain" warning when taxiing or flying too fast
• "Gear up/down" confirmation
• "Flaps at XXX degrees" / "Flaps Final" confirmations
• Spoiler status
• 4 voices, including Mark 'Skyhawk Heavy' Denton!
PASSENGER ANNOUNCEMENTS (IN-APP PURCHASE)
* Welcome aboard announcement
* Arm doors for departure & cross-check
* Safety briefing
* Flight attendants, take seats for takeoff (when turning on strobes)
* "You may move about the cabin now, etc."
* Descent beginning
* Welcome post-landing
VOICE COMMANDS (IN-APP PURCHASE)
Using a headset mic, use voice commands to control many of the airplane's systems! Once it is set up, In-Flight Assistant will be listening for your voice to say things like "gear up", "set heading 2-3-0", and much more, and your co-pilot will set the autopilot settings for you!
IMPORTANT A headset and a quiet environment is recommended for best accuracy. The stronger your non-American accent, the less accurate the recognition may work.
AUTOMATED GPWS WARNINGS, FLIGHT ALERTS, SIMPLE VNAV (IN-APP PURCHASE)
Experience fully-featured GPWS warning callouts such as "TOO LOW, GEAR", "SINK RATE", or "PULL UP!" - in accordance with the specification of the real-world Honeywell MK VI GPWS system - with all 6 modes supported, including turboprop alternative settings (automatically detected whether the aircraft is a turboprop), Steep Approach Bias, Flap Override settings, and more.
(NEW) Also provides a waypoint proximity alert system and a simplified "VNAV" system where you can set altitudes and speeds you want the autopilot to have per waypoint!
The following callouts are provided:
• Autopilot disconnect warning sound (Airbus / Boeing)
• "GLIDESLOPE" both quiet and loud, depending on how low you are
• "PULL UP! PULL UP!"
• "TERRAIN! TERRAIN!"
• "DON'T SINK"
• "TOO LOW, TERRAIN"
• "TOO LOW, GEAR"
• "TOO LOW, FLAPS"
• "APPROACHING MINIMUMS"
• "MINIMUMS" or "MINIMUMS, MINIMUMS" (configurable)
• "BANK ANGLE" based on aircraft type, altitude, speed, autopilot setting, etc.
• "RETARD, RETARD" when landing in an Airbus
Huge thanks to the entire Infinite Flight community for their amazing support, as well as Laura & Flying Dev Studios for providing an awesome API that makes apps like this one possible.
Additional thanks to Cam (maker of LiveFlight) for his open-source API examples.
Thanks to Jan (www.helpathand.nl) for his audio engineering assistance!
In-Flight Assistant is not affiliated with Flying Dev Studios.
iPhone5-iPhone5 / iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen / iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G / iPhone5c-iPhone5c / iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX
Thanks for your patience everyone! This is a nice, big, new update for you. Hope you like it - and if so, I'd be thankful for ratings and reviews!
* New Flight Alerts system - on iPhone, go to the "More" tab to find it. This Flight Alerts system is included with your GPWS add-on purchase - if you already have it, this update is included for free!
* New callouts for 28° and 50° flaps settings.
* New “Pushback First” option for Passenger Announcements: If this is on, you will get the “First Welcome” at Pushback and the “Safety Briefing” when you start your engines. If it is off, you will get the “First Welcome” when you start your engines and the “Safety Briefing” when you start moving.
* New chime and setting “Altitude Reached” which comes when you are within 1000 feet of the autopilot altitude
* Fix for Voice Command Test not requesting recording permission
* Fix for rare random “Minimums” callouts
* Most importantly and excitingly (for some of you), a slightly different sounding “RETARD” callout. ;-P
* (1.051) fixed an embarrassing bug (so embarrassing I won't even explain it)
HOW TO USE NEW FLIGHT ALERTS AND NAV SYSTEM:
* First set a flight plan in Infinite Flight. Then enter the Flight Alert page. Your flight plan will show up.
* Tap a row's alarm bell button to set a proximity alert for that waypoint. Enter how many nm's away you want to be notified.
* Tap a row's altitude or speed area to set an altitude or speed you want the autopilot to set when the plane is headed toward that waypoint. The V/S will be calculated for you.
* Speed settings will be auto-limited to 250kts below 10,000 feet to attempt help you avoid speed warnings
* NOTE: Enter a double digit number to enter a Mach speed. (79 = 0.79 Mach, for example)
* NOTE: Just as in real life, you will normally want to still monitor your flight and double-check your settings. The system is well-tested, but if you screw up your settings, you will screw up your flight! :-)