Harry's LapTimer Rookie
Harry's LapTimer is the advanced tool for car enthusiast. It records all types of sensor data provided by your iPhone/iPod/iPad (or external sensors), combines them, and makes them available to optimize your drive. Over time, you will get insights on your car and in your driving, not known before.
LapTimer offers more than 1100 predefined tracks world wide. With its assistants, it is extremely easy to setup - just click your track and drive. It fully automates your lap timing using GPS, and presents the results to all kinds of media.
You are not limited to track driving only. For example, you may define your home and working locations as a 'track', collect statistics on different ways chosen, and analyze / optimize the time used every day.
Want to show your drive to your friends? LapTimer Petrolhead and above generates beautiful in car video recordings with all kinds of data overlaid, ready to be presented - e.g. on youtube. Even without video, recorded data can be analyzed using purpose designed views, making it easy to analyze and improve your driving performance.
Using online racing, you can use LapTimer in competition. LapTimer offers a Hall of Fame, allows watching you and your friends on track - all in real time. Compare your sector times, braking / acceleration points, and learn from each other.
You can start with your plain iPhone in the beginning and add external GPS and OBD II sensors later, step by step, and as you need it. LapTimer itself comes in three different editions: LapTimer Rookie is the entry level with all you need for lap timing; LapTimer Petrolhead is the advanced version including lots of video features, and LapTimer Grand Prix is the edition for professionals including Multi Cam recording, and advanced sensor and analytics functionality.
Please note that functionality depends on your device, the LapTimer edition chosen, and sometimes even external sensors added (like OBD II). Please visit our web page to get the full story. All edition can be upgraded later, all editions come with native iPhone and iPad support.
There are quite expensive stand alone solutions for track days available. Be smart and own the leading edge tool simply by using your iPhone and LapTimer. Besides the professional area, there is no known solution that offers more functionality than LapTimer does - across the market. As our ambition is to offer the best tool, LapTimer is enhanced continuously.
Please visit http://www.gps-laptimer.de for detailed information on versions, FAQs / documentation, in depth technology background information, online racing, and supported device configurations. Join our user community on http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de to be involved in future development - all with first class support.
Watch4-Watch4 / iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi / iPad23G-iPad23G / iPhone4S-iPhone4S / iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen / iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G / iPhone5-iPhone5 / iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen / iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen / iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G / iPadMini-iPadMini / iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G / iPhone5c-iPhone5c / iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX / iPad75-iPad75 / iPad76-iPad76 / iPhoneXS-iPhoneXS / iPhoneXSMax-iPhoneXSMax / iPhoneXR-iPhoneXR / iPad812-iPad812 / iPad834-iPad834 / iPad856-iPad856 / iPad878-iPad878 / iPadMini5-iPadMini5 / iPadMini5Cellular-iPadMini5Cellular / iPadAir3-iPadAir3 / iPadAir3Cellular-iPadAir3Cellular
Changes in LapTimer v23:
Video / Overlay
- Added tire gadget to video overlays; support for both measured and simulated temperatures [GrandPrix]
- Editing of recordings at fix level
- Laps can be marked as Incomplete manually
- Recordings can be joined into one lap
- Replaced Dropbox integration by general purpose sharing of data (iOS / Android distribute function)
- Added weather information
- Added reference lap plot to Map View
- New Tires View showing temperatures, pressures, battery, tx level, with intelligent warnings [GrandPrix]
- Customizable fuel tank empty and warning levels
- Tire temperature simulation from acceleration and vehicle properties
- Various new Expert Settings to tweak LapTimer for your requirements
- Improved Chart coloring; added more temperatures to Temperature Chart, added new chart showing tire temperatures [GrandPrix]
- Sensor List is showing accessory types disabled
- Avg. speed calculation shows calculation source (standard or measured distance)
- Trigger detection corridor width can be specified by trigger
- More information on databases, improved recovery routines
- Modernized build environments to iOS12 and Android Oreo
- Improved sensor fusion, made it more robust for dropping connections
- Added support for indoor positioning systems (e.g. indoor karts)
- Added support for TPMS sensors: VC601 and RejsaRubberTrack (more to come)
- General support for tire sensors with up to 16 temperatures per tire
- Included tire configuration (assign sensor or tire)
- Generalized engine sensor support to fully support non OBD systems
- Added support for VEEPEAK OBD BTLE adapters
- Added 50 Hz storage rate (experimental)
Plus dozens of smaller fixes, improvements, and refactoring
Harry's LapTimer Rookie