Yoink - Improved Drag and Drop
Yoink for iPad and iPhone lets you easily and quickly store items you drag, copy or share, for later use.
This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts almost anything you can drag on your iPad, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents.
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you're in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink's Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
- Action Extension:
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you've stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
- Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight - and the search-results are draggable.
- Files Integration
Access Yoink's files from any app that supports iOS 11's document browser
iPhone5s-iPhone5s / iPadAir-iPadAir / iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular / iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina / iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular / iPhone6-iPhone6 / iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus / iPadAir2-iPadAir2 / iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular / iPadMini3-iPadMini3 / iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular / iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen / iPhone6s-iPhone6s / iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus / iPadMini4-iPadMini4 / iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular / iPadPro-iPadPro / iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular / iPadPro97-iPadPro97 / iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular / iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE / iPhone7-iPhone7 / iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus / iPad611-iPad611 / iPad612-iPad612 / iPad71-iPad71 / iPad72-iPad72 / iPad73-iPad73 / iPad74-iPad74 / iPhone8-iPhone8 / iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus / iPhoneX-iPhoneX
Version 1.1.2 is a supplementary update for v1.1.1, fixing an issue that arose in that version within the Today Widget, where, if no items were stored in Yoink, the widget would fail to load.
New Features in Yoink v1.1.1:
- You can now browse through items in Yoink's Today Widget
- Yoink now monitors changes to the clipboard when in Side-by-Side or Slide-Over mode in real-time
Improvements in Yoink v1.1.1:
- Downloads now show their progress in percent
- Adding a PDF or image from Safari to Yoink via its Action/Share extension now works properly
- PDF previews now show the top of the page instead of its center
- When downloading something to Yoink from its Action/Share extension with Yoink's main app Side-by-Side (or Slide-Over), Yoink now takes over the download immediately
- Improved reloading of website- (and other) previews if initial try failed
- Improved downloading of Dropbox URLs (via both the main app and its Action/Share extension) - the URL parameter dl=0 is automatically changed to dl=1 in the case of a download
- Improved the reliability of creating previews and titles for iTunes URLs (using iTunes' lookup API)
- iTunes URLs now show higher-quality previews
- Improved reliability of Yoink's File Provider extension
- Filenames are now used for titles without a filename suggested by iOS
Bugfixes and minor changes in Yoink v1.1.1:
- Rotating the device does not commit finish renaming or start a download anymore
- When deleting items while editing, the copy and share buttons are now disabled if no items are selected afterwards; likewise, the Stack button is updated accordingly
- Now has the correct animation when dropping something from Yoink onto a blank space in Yoink or when dropping onto a downloading item
- When auto-adding content from the clipboard to Yoink, dragging now works properly afterwards
- Fixed a crash on launch in rare cases when the clipboard panel would be shown
- Fixed an issue where viewing an eMail would sometimes present an old, perhaps even already deleted, eMail
- Fixed a rare crash when going back to the main view from a Stack
- Fixed a rare crash when opening a custom url scheme while previewing a file
- Fixed a rare crash when a Stack failed to be created
- Fixed a rare crash in the Action/Share extension when adding items
- Fixed an issue where, after starting a download from Yoink's Action/Share extension, the main app would be unnecessarily notified about it twice
- Fixed an issue where, after a download finishes, the main app would not display it correctly in some cases
- Fixed a minor memory management issue
- Fixed a crash in the keyboard extension when trying to copy something
- Fixed a crash in the Today Widget extension when changing its size
- Fixed a crash when adding Apple Music URLs and trying to create their previews
- Fixed an issue where zooming into a PDF in fullscreen, then switching to Side-by-Side/Slide-Over would result in not being able to zoom back out of the PDF
- Fixed a bug where sometimes an icon would be redrawn even though there was no need, causing an ImageIO error in the process and, sometimes, a crash
- Fixed an issue with Yoink's trash and dynamic type
- Fixed an issue with copied text from Mail.app (and other Rich Text apps), where, after pasting from Yoink back to another app, the font size might have changed
Thank you for using Yoink and the great feedback you've been giving me.
You're cordially invited to visit my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at) or to follow me on twitter (@YoinkApp & @eternalstorms) if you'd like to follow the development process of my apps or get tips and tricks on how to get the most out of them.
I'm also providing a newsletter, which you can sign-up to at https://eternalstorms.at/newsletter
Thank you kindly,
- Matt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yoink - Improved Drag and Drop